Do you want the site to exist long and well and still bring a sizable profit? Then you need site prototyping. The site prototype is a diagram of the future web resource: a sketch on paper or an interactive html document.
Website design helps the owner and developers of the resource:
- to place the blocks and elements properly;
- to visualize the concept;
- to organize navigation correctly;
- to think about the interaction with the resource.
Projects save time on site creation, reduce the number of improvements. You know what to expect from programmers and designers. Developers, in turn, know what to do.
What gives the site a design process?
- Increases the likelihood of achieving the desired type of resource. A clear statement of the tasks, the definition of the target audience and the modeling of custom path names can get the intended development result.
- Saves time and finances. Elimination of inaccuracies during the site prototype creation is a simple process; it suffices to change several text or graphic fragments. It will be much longer and more expensive to perform such actions at the stage of layout. And for the programmer, such corrections will be even more laborious.
- Divides the work logically. The site prototype is an independent document on the basis of which the customer can create a site, independently or by another developing team.
Website development: types of prototyping
Site prototyping should be fast, easy to change, interactive and accessible. How to achieve this? There are several options for website design.
- Design on paper: a sketch is drawn on a plain sheet of paper. This is the fastest way. Pros: you can finish and erase, comment, detail. Cons: is not interactive, it is necessary to redraw with changes, looks unprofessionally to the customer. Such a sketch is made at the initial stage.
- Prototyping on the board: scaling due to the large size of the board. You can make any changes, it is easier to redraw, but not all project participants can see the process.
- Site design in special programs. The developer draws the project in the program. Pros: a large arsenal of tools, convenience, aesthetic and interactive prototypes. Cons: need a computer and some time to develop. The most commonly used programs are Axure Pro, Microsoft Visio, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. At this stage, it is already clearly visible how the site will look like
- Prototyping on online services. Most services are in English. They are also convenient in work, as professional programs. The developer needs a constant Internet connection.
We own all the tools to create a prototype! Contact KATASIS agency.
Site Design: how is a prototype made?
At the beginning, creating a website includes analysis: what data is laid out on the resource. Then the visual, UX / UI, is discussed. The main goal of the prototype is to create a structure that will simplify the user’s interaction with the site. The website structure must exactly match the goals and strategies of the company. For example, a resource for sales must have selling elements: special offers, cards for stocks and goods, various forms, buttons “to cart”, “place an order” and so on. A form and a program for creating a site project are selected. Together with the customer, the developers formulate typical scenarios in which users interact with the site and the corresponding list of functions on the resource.
Website Design Features
During the site prototype development, it is important to adhere to the uniform stylistics of the design elements.
In order to create a site prototype, it is necessary to develop its structure, where the hierarchy of blocks, sections and subsections is clearly defined.
- It is not recommended to create similar pages if it is possible to place the same information on one. Let us give an example: contacts are placed either in the section about the company or in the footer of the page, therefore, it’s simply meaningless to outline a column for them.
- If the functionality of one block duplicates the functionality of another, it is better to remove it, because repetitions confuse users of the resource.
- When creating a site prototype, it is important to designate the user's path to the most important sections of the site.
- A site prototype development involves the creating of a scheme for the main pages with their priority. For example, if a firm does not plan to post news frequently, there is no point in imposing a separate page for them.
Website development with KATASIS: stages of prototyping
After discussing the content, target audience, tasks of the site at the first stage and the defined functions, a list of patterns is compiled. For example, for an online store it is: home page, catalogs, product pages, a section for ordering.
At the second stage the project of the main page is developed. Here are the principles of its creation:
- user retention. The visitor decides whether to stay on the web resource. This is influenced by the design, presentation of information, navigation, the speed of loading. It is necessary to create attractive images that capture a potential client;
- conciseness. only the most important elements are on the main page. If there are more than 7 objects on the screen at once, the person is overloaded with information, and it is a stressful situation for him. We must strive for simplicity and brevity;
- easy navigation. The desired page should open in 2-3 clicks;
- uniformity of the elements. The company logo is located at the top of the site, and the shopping basket is in the upper right corner.
The third stage is the web site development in full, with all pages. Interior pages contain blocks for performing a specific function. For example, on the inner page of the news site displays the text of one news, and next are links to other texts on the topic. At the fourth stage, interactivity is developed. Some actions are attached to blocks and elements: transitions to other pages, drop-down lists of the menu, viewing photos, animation.
At the fifth stage, a usability test is conducted. The tester acts like a typical customer and tries to complete a task on a new site. For example, buy some goods. According to the test results, it is decided what should be changed in the prototype for optimal settings.
All steps are discussed with customers. Contact our specialists from KATASIS - you will be able to control the whole process yourself without any technical problems. We know how to make a website that is 100% suitable for your business! Turn to the experts.
Мы - KATASIS
Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы. Особенно, если это годовщина существования нашей
любимой студии! Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы.
Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы. Особенно, если это годовщина существования нашей любимой студии!