This is one of the types of promotion on the Internet, which serves not only to attract the target audience but also to create an image, as well as the recognition of the company.
Banner advertising is a kind of promotion, consisting of graphics and textual information. The ads are placed in separate blocks, in which there is a miniature image of your product or offer, as well as a short signature. Most often, banners are placed on third-party resources, similar in content. You will be able to find your target audience on them. Recently, banners are used in social networks quite often, where users to whom ads are displayed are sorted separately by interests, age, sex, place of residence and so on. The exact criteria depend only on your proposal. The mobile market is developing literally every day, so today banner advertising is also often used in applications for smartphones and tablets.
Read more: Advertisement strategy
Tasks of banner advertising
- Attracting targeted visitors to the site.
- Increase brand/product awareness.
- Developing a positive attitude towards the brand/product.
Banner advertising effectiveness: types of banner advertising
Depending on the purpose of the advertising campaign, banners are:
- Target (aimed at the target audience)
- Informational (carry a message about any upcoming events, promotions, special offers)
- Internal (located inside the site)
- Image (to form a preference of the consumer to the advertised company/product)
Popular banner formats:
- JPEG — static images
- GIF-files, Flash-animation — animated images
- Richtext — text and text blocks
Read more: Promotion channels
Most popular sizes of banners:
- 240×400 pixels
- 468×60 pixels
What are the advantages of banner advertising?
- Wide coverage of the audience. Most often, banners are placed on resources similar to yours by topics, as indicated. But notice that such advertising will only be effective if you have selected sites with a large attendance. Please note that not all users will follow the banner. Conversion of transition is often not very rosy. The range can be from 2% to 30%, depending on the subject matter of the site and the quality of the advertisement itself.
- Popularity and brand recognition. Users will remember the brand thanks to the bright and «flashy» advertising. It’s the corporate style that will strike them in the eye. Thus, you need to correctly draw a graphic image for banner advertising. Don’t forget to use the corporate font, adding text to the image, inserting your logos and so on. The banner should completely correspond to the color scheme of your company.
- Orientation only on the target audience. Thousands of users can visit your site every day, but does this make sense if these people are not initially interested in the proposal? Banner advertising allows attracting to the resource only those visitors who can potentially become your customers. Agree, the conversion, in this case, is significantly increased. Note that the end result also depends on the accuracy of your offer. Give the users exactly what was offered in the advertisement.
- Instant result. Today there are many ways to attract traffic to the site, but not all of them can immediately give some results. Banner advertising — is the kind in which you will see the first visitors in just a few minutes after the launch of the campaign. However, the number of them depends only on your budget.
Ads serving methods
- Show ads on sites that match the keywords;
- Show ads to users based on their interests;
- Show ads only on pages devoted to the specified topics;
- Show ads on selected websites;
- Show ads only to certain age groups;
- Show ads only to a certain gender of Internet users;
- Show ads in your Gmail email account.
Read more: Online research
Which platform for banner advertising to choose?
You need to take into account the peculiarities of your audience when choosing a site for placing a banner. It is important to select resources that are similar to yours on topics. But there are universal sources that allow choosing the criteria of users to whom the ads will be shown. Of course, first of all, you should pay attention to the most visited web resources — top by search engines.
Google and Yandex are in demand in the CIS countries, but users have their priorities in each country in the search engines. For example, Google is used more often in the US, Yandex — is the choice of Russian users. Be sure to consider this fact if you are engaged in the sale of physical goods, or your products are tied to the location. The advantage of launching banner advertising in these systems is that the systems themselves select the resources most suitable for your topic.
Carefully monitor the size of your image ads. Both systems have their own standards. You can find out more about them on the websites of companies. Probably, it is necessary to adjust the same banner for two systems, changing the sizes. It is important in both cases to maintain a good appearance and image quality. Users pay attention first of all to the beauty of the picture. It is better to order the main banner from a professional designer if you are unfamiliar with web-graphics.
Banner advertising cheap: what does our company offer?
Development of creative digital strategies, working with narrow target audiences within the same campaign. Building the logic of the work of retargeting tools Google Adwords, Yandex Direct, Double Click, the possibilities of social networks and other information sites.
Attribution of advertising channels
Analyzing the influence of media promotion of the brand in online sales, building a single media strategy in a bunch of online + offline channels. Comparison of the effectiveness of media sources, recommendations for decision-making.
Evaluation of effectiveness
Media planning, forecasts and evaluation of the effectiveness of media advertising campaigns. Influence of media communications on traffic growth, sales in other channels: direct, search, contextual. Analysis of the impact of media advertising on indicators important to business: increasing the loyalty of the target audience to the brand, increasing its recognition.
An integrated approach to planning and implementing tasks. A bunch of channels of communication with the consumer: media, contextual promotion, SMM activation. General strategic approach in using digital tools for achieving digital marketing and business goals.
How do we create banner ads?
Comparative analysis of competing media campaigns and their effectiveness. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the advertising campaign with competitors, measuring its specific gravity in the product category, the effectiveness of reaching the target audience in the framework of the instruments used.
Selection of the most affinity areas, a comprehensive assessment of the effectiveness of media campaigns, taking into account the indicators of contacts of the target audience.
Read more: Social media advertising services
Control systems of Internet advertising in the CIS market, providing placement of advertising campaigns, their tracking online. Timely analysis of data and reporting on the effectiveness of each individual site.
Creativity in banner advertising
Creativity in the creation of banners can be defined as an unusual approach in development. For example:
- non-standard image design an advertising banner
- the unusual location of objects and color combinations
- video inserts and audio accompaniment
- use of interactivity
- memorable story
- dynamic in animation, when the whole video is viewed in one breath
In order for banner advertising to work, our company:
- formulates a clear goal of advertising;
- makes a detailed media plan (determines the budget of the advertising campaign and selects advertising platforms where your target audience is present);
- creates a quality banner;
- places and monitors banners displays on selected advertising platforms;
- analyzes the results of an advertising campaign and corrects it if necessary.
Order design an advertising banner: a flexible approach
We work on a methodology that is convenient for you: Waterfall + iteration, SCRUM or Agile. We are not afraid of changes on the go and are ready to provide timely communication and information about the stages of the project. If desired, we provide access to the Git version control system and the task-tracker. Each client receives a personal, competent project manager who is able to answer most questions. If necessary, a meeting with the participation of specialists and programmers is possible.