Content research and analysis — what is it?
Content analysis (formalized quantitative method for analyzing documents) — conversion of mass textual or phonetic information into quantitative indicators followed by its statistical processing. It is characterized by great severity and systematic character. The object of content analysis can be the content of various publications, radio and TV shows, movies, advertising messages, documents, public speeches and materials of questionnaires.
Content analysis is applied when:
- a high degree of accuracy is required when comparing single-order data;
- there is so much text material that it cannot be covered without total estimates;
- there is enough documentary data for mass processing and they represent the field of study;
- the qualitative characteristics under study appear with sufficient frequency;
- quantified texts are compared with other qualitative characteristics as well (quantification is a procedure by which a measured object is compared with a certain standard and gets a numerical expression at a certain scale or scale).
As a result of the research content analysis process, we obtain components that are of special interest to the researcher, which are extracted from the variety of available information and presented in a form that is convenient for perception and subsequent analysis.
Read more: Content marketing
The methodology allows you to make:
- description of trends in changing the content of communicative processes;
- description of differences in the content of communicative processes in different countries;
- comparison of different media;
- identification of used propaganda techniques;
- determination of intentions and other characteristics of communication participants;
- psychological state determination of individuals and/or groups;
- showing up attitudes, interests, and values of various population groups and public institutions;
- focus identification of individuals, groups and social institutions attention;
- studying through the content of messages the socio-psychological characteristics of their authors (communicators) and recipients;
- processing and clarification of data obtained by other research methods.
What do content research analysis services include?
In order to conduct qualitative research and content analysis, a professional analyst must first carry out a discussion of the important points of the technical task, understand what the customer wants to emphasize. Further content analyst approves the content research and analysis cost and timing of work. Taking the order to work, the master begins to work with the material and, using all his knowledge and experience, conducts a detailed analysis of the content. As soon as the work is completed, the text is sent for approval by the customer.
Read more: Design research
What is the complexity of content analysis?
Conducting content analysis of a text or article requires the analyst’s experience and knowledge of the analytical approach norms. The analysis has its own rules that affect the construction of the text. An important role is played by the experience of professionals involved in the content analysis. Work experience allows you to analyze the content of the highest complexity in a surprisingly short time.
Benefits of trained content analysts:
- long work experience;
- knowledge of the nuances, details and important subtleties of content analysis;
- education (a specialist has an education and a certain way of thinking necessary for qualitative analysis);
- reasonable prices. The services of experienced content analysts are inexpensive.
Reasons to order content analytics services at KATASIS
The content service providers, working in content research and analysis company KATASIS, have several advantages that distinguish them from the rest:
- extensive experience in content analytics;
- excellent quality of completed assignments and exact deadlines. Content analysts know what 100% quality is and how important it is to create high-quality text that will be an important tool in promoting a resource;
- knowledge of not only the subtleties of analysis but both rewriting and copywriting.
Read more: PPC strategy development and management
Content research and analysis methods
- Classic performance. In the work with the primary data, it is used long-tested questionnaires printed on paper. It provides the primary control of work performance. As of today, it remains one of the most common approaches on the market.
- Cloud approaches. Cloud technologies are practiced for collecting and processing primary data through direct contact with the respondent. To do this, tablets and smartphones with the appropriate software are used. All primary information is immediately collected in digital format, bypassing all sorts of paper media. This allows reducing the research error associated with the mechanical data processing when transferring from questionnaires to a PC.
- Remote approaches. KATASIS actively uses approaches that allow respondents to be surveyed remotely. Both telephone questionnaire methods and online methods are used to perform quantitative and qualitative research, including all sorts of focus groups. This saves time and budget of the customer.
Types of content research and analysis methods
- Desk research
- Database analysis
- Media analyst
- Media statistics
- Communication audit
- Awards and ratings
- Transcription of electronic media
- Personal survey
- Telephone survey
- Online survey
- Focus groups
- Expert interview
- In-depth interview
- Product Testing
- Mystery shopper
Work scheme with KATASIS
To order content research and analysis for business, PR analysis, media monitoring, you need to go through the following stages of comprehensive project implementation:
- Formulate the task and fill out the contact form.
- The concept of task development. We are preparing a commercial offer.
- Make a prepayment.
- We start the project.
- You receive a ready project.
- Make the final payment.