Development on Objective-C
Objective-C is a compiled object-oriented programming language used to write applications for "apple" systems. It is a superset, or in other words, an addon to C, inheriting from the latter syntax, data types, ways to control the execution of the program and adding to it the possibilities of object-oriented programming — the description of classes and methods.
Apple company managed to "flood" the App Store with tens of thousands of new applications due to the allocation of the programming language Objective-C. It is also important that Apple constantly develops this language, adding a new syntax for blocks, literals, the ability to explicitly specify null parameters, variables, return types, simplifying memory management, and much more.
Advantages of Objective C development
Since Objective C is not the only language for developing applications for iOS, let's consider it in comparison with SWIFT and C ++:
It's a fairly old programming language. Saying "old", we mean not obsolescence, but really a huge number of libraries and ready-made solutions written in this language. Development on Obj C is done faster, and the cost of one hour of specialist work is slightly less.
The only possible negative Objective C for web development can be found in the conspiracy theorists: Apple can downgrade and not "feature" applications written in the "old" language of Obj C.
It will take at least 3-4 years before the time when the number of written in SWIFT libraries will reach a critical mass, similar to Obj C, taking into account the development of technology. For now, there are a lot of things that you need to write from scratch, which will definitely increase the time and cost of development.
The choice of programming language for writing a mobile application often depends on the task that the client faces. The central role is played by objects with which four paradigms are related in both C ++ and Objective-C: abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism.
Strengths of Obj C
UIKit, Foundation and other standard libraries — all this is Objective-C.
Interaction with Objective-C occurs dynamically, which perfectly reduces the advantages of Swift's speed, as well as its beautiful syntax.
Threshold for entering Swift is less than in Objective-C.
Database that exists on Obj C code (applications) is infinitely huge, so Apple will not stop supporting this technology.
To use Swift for real projects, especially large ones, it's still early, here comes to the aid of Objective-C.
Before working on Objective-C, decide on:
- quantitative indicators of the target audience. If you are doing a highly loaded project with a social network function that assumes a large (50,000+) number of registrations, you definitely need to use native programming languages;
- visual effects, if complex visual animation is laid in the application, you must develop a native application;
- feature of the application — any b2b application is best done using cross-platform development technologies. This will reduce the cost of development, accelerate the development and in no way affect the perception of your product by its users;
- development budget. In the case of a limited budget, it is best to use cross-platform. This will reduce the overall development budget of the client part of the mobile application by 40%. You will pay 60,000 instead of conditional 100,000.
Development on Objective-C from our company
The choice of programming language for writing a mobile application often depends on the task that the client faces. There are programmers of all the key areas of mobile application development in our company: native to Obj C, Swift, JAVA, cross-platform on React Native, Xamarin, Xamarin.Forms, Cordova (Framework 7).
The cost of developing iOS mobile applications on Obj C depends on the complexity of the tasks and the amount of the desired result. Typically, labor costs range from 110 to 220 hours to develop only for one customer. Please note that not all projects need implementation in such language as Obj C, our specialists will help to find the best solution for the customer.
Objective C development studio: idea = project
- It doesn't matter how thoroughly you thought about your product — we will help plan its development.
- Even if you have only a project idea, we will provide you an approximate estimate of the cost and development time free of charge. Then, we will make a detailed technical assignment for a reasonable fee.
- If you have already a technical task and a full understanding of the functions of the product, we will report the cost of the work and the timing of its implementation completely free of charge.
- Our agency will help you with updating and improving an existing product. Plan new functionality, and we will add it to your project on time. We can work on methodology as small iterations, and as necessary — we are happy to help you at any time.
- Entrust management of project development to our staff manager or actively participate in this process. The main thing is not technology and not even the product itself in the development of the application for iOS. The most important thing is the needs of your users. Therefore, we discuss and think over your strategy, target audience and user needs and only then begin to build the concept of the product, resulting in a prototype of the application before starting the development itself. After the prototype is approved, you can start designing, developing and, finally, testing.
- We work with native iOS-applications and cross-platform.
Objective C development experts: flexible approach
We work on a methodology that is convenient for you: Waterfall + iteration, SCRUM or Agile.
We are not afraid of changes on the go and are ready to provide timely communication and information about the stages of the project.
If desired, we provide access to the Git version control system and the task-tracker.
Each client receives a personal, competent project manager who is able to answer most questions. If necessary, a meeting with the participation of specialists and programmers is possible.
Мы - KATASIS
Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы. Особенно, если это годовщина существования нашей
любимой студии! Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы.
Мы весьма радужно проводим наши корпоративы. Особенно, если это годовщина существования нашей любимой студии!