KATASIS offers assistance in web application development, along with expertise and of 25 knowledgeable designers, 18 front-end and 12 back-end developers, the result will be not only great, but above all expectations! Contact us right now!
A web app hosts pages with partially or completely finished content. Final content is generated only after the site visitor makes a request for page from the server. Due to the fact that the end content of the page depends on the request based on the actions of the visitor, this page is named as dynamic.
The field of use for web applications is rather extensive. This section explains general issues regarding the use of Web apps.
Web application development: pros of web apps
The use of web applications is beneficial both for website visitors and their developers.
Web applications allow visitors to quickly and easily find out everything on websites with a huge amount of data.
This kind of web app enables the search in the content, organizes the content and navigates through it in a manner that is really handy for visitors. Examples of such apps are companies’ internal networks — Microsoft MSDN and Amazon.com
Web applications enable collection, storage and analysis of data received from site visitors.
For a long time, a method was used in which data entered into HTML forms was sent to be processed to CGI applications or specially designated employees in the form of e-notifications. The web application allows you to save data directly in the database, and also to get information and form reports on the basis of data received for analysis. For example: online banking pages, inventory control pages, case studies and surveys, and feedback forms for users.
A Web application can be applied to update websites with periodically changing information.
The web application does not require a web designer to constantly update site HTML pages. Content providers, news editors, are responsible for the availability of fresh material, and the web application controls automatic site updates. Examples are web versions of The Economist or CNN news services.
Web application creation: what is beneficial for every customer?
- Reliability. We work only officially, so our cooperation with the customer starts only after signing the official contract. We guarantee the creation of unique web applications for achievement of your business goals.
- Affordable pricing. Service prices are calculated by taking into account: project development time frame, the difficulty of its implementation and the main goals.
- Preparation. Before each project we hold a thorough marketing analysis.
- Warranty. We provide a supervisor for each project, so our client is always up-to-date concerning the progress of mobile app development.
- Comfort. You can order the development of a web application by contacting us by phone, mail or filling out a form on the site. We also provide personal and online customer support.
- Professionalism. Every is developed by a team of at least six in-house specialists: designers, programmers, marketers and copywriters.
Web application development: as a result, all our customers get:
- Increase in loyalty of the target audience;
- increasing brand awareness;
- increase of sales level;
- permanent customer feedback;
- increasing company's reputation.
If you strive towards developing a special web app, you can order the fulfillment of your dreams by contacting KATASIS developers.
Web application development process
Each internet app is a set of static and dynamic web pages. A static web page is always shown in front of the user in the same way. The web server sends the page upon request of the web browser in an unchanged way. In contrast, the server includes changes in the dynamic web page before sending it back to the browser. As a result, this page is called dynamic.
For example, you can create a page in which recovery program results will be shown. At the same time, some information (for example, employee name and his results) will be calculated at the moment when the page is requested by the employee. The next section examines the activity of internet apps in more detailed manner.
Processing static web pages
A static website includes a number of relevant HTML pages and files situated at the computer where the web server takes place.
Aweb serveris software that provides web pages as a reply to requests from web browsers. Typically, a page request is formed by clicking on a link on a web page, choosing a bookmark in the browser, or entering a URL in the browser's address bar.
The final content of a static web page is decided upon by the developer and remains unchanged during the page request process.
All HTML code is created by the developer up to the moment when the page is placed on the server. Since HTML code does not change after being placed the page on the server, we call this page static.
When the web server receives a request to create a static page, after analyzing the request, the server finds the required page and sends it to the browser.
Processing dynamic pages
As a web server receives a query to create a static web page, it transfers the page right to the browser. However, when a dynamic page is requested, web server activity is not so clear. The server transfers the page to a special program, which creates the end page. This program is called an application server.
The application server reads the code on the page, forms the end page based on the read code, and then deletes it from the page. As a result, a static page is formed, which is transmitted to the web server, which in turn sends it to the client browser. All pages that the browser receives contain only HTML-code.
App server makes possible the usage of server resource such as databases. For example, a dynamic page can contain program instructions for an app service, consequently the server requires taking data from the database and put them to the HTML part of the page.
Storage content in the database enables the separation of website design from the content that users will see. Instead of forming all the pages in the shape of separate HTML-files, only page templates different kinds of information are written. Then the content is uploaded to the database, after which the website will use it when the user makes a request for it. In addition, you can keep the information up to date in one source and duplicate this change on the entire website without manual editing of each page.
Development of dynamic pages
The process of development of dynamic pages consists of formulating the basic HTML code and then creating server-side scripts or HTML page tags and the page becomes dynamic. If you look at the end code, you can see that language of the script is added in the HTML of the page. Accordingly, such scripting languages are called languages embedded in HTML.
Web applications and websites: definitions of web applications
This section provides definitions of frequently used terms related to web applications.
- Applications server. Software which is applied by the web server to deal with internet pages that include server scripts or tags. When requesting such pages, the web server first transfers them to the application server for processing, and then sends it to the client browser. The most widespread application servers support ColdFusion and PHP.
- Database. Data is stored in tables. Every column in a table is a single entry, and each column represents a place for record, it is shown in the example which follows.
- System of database checking. A DBMS, or database system, is a specialized software designed to create and manage databases. A wide distribution was gained by the systems of management of the databases of Microsoft Access, Oracle 9i and MySQL.
- Dynamic page. First app server forms a web page and browser receives it.
- Static page. Remaining unchanged, browser receives web page.
- Web app. Site hosting pages with partly or completely undefined content. The end content of such pages is formed only after a visitor of a site opens web page. As page content relies on the request which adapts to user’s actions, this page is called dynamic.
- Internet server. Upon browsers’ requests, program that generates internet pages. Usually, a page query is formed when as the user selects the appropriate site, chooses a bookmark in the browser, or enter a URL in the browser's address bar.
Web app development: flexible approach
We adapt our work approach relating on what you need: Waterfall + iteration, SCRUM or Agile.
We are not afraid of changes along the way and are ready to provide timely communication and information about the stages of the project.
If necessary, we give access to the control system and the task-tracker of Git system.
Every project has a personal and competent project manager who will answer all the questions in process. In case of necessity, meeting programmers is possible.