Usability audit is a study that assesses the convenience of using your site. This allows you to identify the shortcomings of web pages that prevent a visitor from becoming a customer of your company. The result of the audit is a document describing the advantages and disadvantages of an existing site or application, as well as recommendations for improving the ease of use.
Read more: User interface development
Our experts will study the Internet project and will help to find answers to the questions:
- Why are there many visitors, but few buyers?
- Is it easy for visitors to get the information they need?
- Do the services work correctly?
- How can I improve the effectiveness of my site?
- Why are there so few pages?
- Which web pages are unattractive, difficult to perceive?
When is it recommended?
- You are not satisfied with the conversion or other KPIs of your project
- You have developed a design and before implementation, you want to get independent expertise of usability
- Before major modernization of the project
What is included in the service
Verifying Custom Project Scripts
- Dive into your project, study the data of an existing resource
- Verifying Custom Stories
- Identifying direct competitors
Identifying Usability Errors
- On desktop solutions
- On mobile devices
- Analysis of the usability of the back-end (if there is)
Read more: Functional testing services
Website user experience audit: formulation of specific recommendations
Improved navigation. Increase the credibility of the site. Usability — testing determines whether the resource is sufficient to perform the actions it is supposed to. Usability research will reveal the disadvantages and advantages of the ergonomics of the site and its elements, attracting users and testers and summarizing their findings in reports. Based on these reports, you can change and improve the key methods of using the site by users, increasing conversion rates and improving user experience.
User experience auditing: navigation and architecture of the site
Effective navigation on the pages of the site is very critical. Therefore, we will analyze whether it is convenient to find pages using menus and additional links. Do all buttons and tabs match the design and terminology of your business? Is there an obvious link between the navigation and the page that the user is currently viewing?
UX design: forms and introduction of dataх
We will pay attention to the forms of information filling on your site to make sure that the fields are clearly marked that the filled information does not «flies» when the data is entered incorrectly, that the information entered is checked for accuracy, and after sending the user understands that the form has «left» for its intended purpose.
Read more: Usability testing and user acceptance testing
User experience testing: trust and reliability
The reliability of the information provided is the guarantee of your customers’ trust, which in turn increases the loyalty of your customers. The success of your site largely depends on the design, but if you have unreliable and not trustworthy information, then you can forget about the trust of customers.
Let’s check if there are any grammatical and punctuation errors on the site. Are there any screaming banners on the site that you want to escape from? Are your texts written for people? Or are they oversaturated with keywords?
Design of the page and visual components
Customers will draw conclusions about your business, primarily based on the visual appeal of your site. Therefore, it is necessary to adhere to the proven and working «standards» of web design. The design of the site should help the user to understand what page he is on, and how to get to another section, or go back.
The design of the page should emphasize the most important points and focus on them. Items that can be clicked must be visually different from those that can not be clicked. This applies to buttons, links, banners and so on.
Fonts should be used reasonably and consistently. The same fonts should be used on every page of your site. There must be a balance between content and empty space. In general, your website should be enjoyable to view and find on it.
How the process is built?
The process consists of several stages:
- If you wish, we sign the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- We send you a brief to collect audit input
- We are immersed in your project, conducting a series of interviews (in person or via Skype conference) with senior officials.
- We send you a “draft” report in a text document. After that, we answer your questions and, if necessary, supplement the report.
- Preparation of the final report in the form of a presentation.
- Our employee conducts an audit presentation and answers questions.
As a result, you get a document in which there is not only an expert opinion with justification, but also specific recommendations for eliminating errors and improvements, as well as a forecast on the impact of this change on the KPI of your project.
Flexible approach with web design and development company
We work on a methodology that is convenient for you: Waterfall + iteration, SCRUM or Agile. We are not afraid of changes on the go and are ready to provide timely communication and information about the stages of the project. If desired, we provide access to the Git version control system and the task-tracker. Each client receives a personal, competent project manager who is able to answer most questions. If necessary, a meeting with the participation of specialists and programmers is possible.