Do you want the application to work long and well, and still bring sizable profits? Then you need an application prototyping service. Application prototype is a diagram of the future web resource: a sketch on paper or an interactive HTML document.
Application design helps the owner and developers of the resource to:
- correctly position the blocks and elements;
- visualize the concept;
- organize navigation correctly;
- think through interaction with the resource.
Read more: Planning apps
Projects save time for applications development and reduce the number of improvements. You know what to expect from programmers and designers. Developers, in turn, know what to do.
Application development: prototyping types
Application prototyping should be fast, easy to change, interactive, and accessible. How to achieve this? There are several options for designing an application.
- The design on paper: a sketch is drawn on a plain sheet of paper. This is the fastest way. Pros: you can finish painting and erase, comment, detail. Cons: not interactive, with changes, it is necessary to redraw, unprofessional looks to the customer. Such a sketch is made at the initial stage.
- Prototyping on the board: scaling due to the large size of the board. You can make any changes, it is easier to redraw, but not all project participants can see the process.
- Application design in special programs. The developer draws the project in the program. Pros: a large arsenal of tools, convenience, aesthetic and interactive prototypes. Cons: need a computer and some time to develop. The most commonly used program is Axure Pro. Then come Microsoft Visio, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. At this stage, you can clearly see what the application will be.
- Prototyping on online services. Most services are in English. They are also convenient in work, as professional programs. The developer needs a permanent internet connection. We own all the tools to create a prototype! Contact KATASIS.
Designing an app: how is a prototype made?
Creating an application at the beginning includes analysis: what data is laid out on the resource. Then the visual, UX / UI, is discussed. The main goal of the prototype is to create an application structure that will simplify the interaction with the app for the user.
Read more: iOS application development
The structure of the application must exactly match the goals and strategy of the company. For example, a resource for sales must have selling elements: special offers, cards for stocks and goods, various forms, buttons "to cart", "place an order" and the like.
A form and a program for creating an application project are selected. Together with the customer, the developers formulate typical scenarios in which users interact with the application and the corresponding list of functions on the resource.
Making an Application: Prototype Stages
After discussing the content, target audience, and tasks of the application, at the first stage after the functions are defined, a list of templates is compiled. For example, for an online store, it is a home page, catalogs, product pages, a section for ordering.
At the second stage, the project of the main page is developed. Here are the principles of its creation:
- user retention. The visitor decides whether to stay on the web resource. This is influenced by the design, presentation of information, navigation, loading speed. It is necessary to immediately create attractive images that capture a potential client;
- laconism. Only the most important elements are left on the main page. If there are more than 7 objects on the screen at once, then the person is overloaded with information, and stress begins. We must strive for simplicity and brevity;
- easy navigation. The desired page should open in 2-3 clicks;
- uniformity of the elements. The company logo is located at the top of the application and the shopping basket is in the upper right corner.
At the third stage is the application development completely, with all pages. The inner pages contain blocks for performing a specific function. For example, on the inside page of a news application displays the text of one news item, and next to it are links to other texts on the topic.
At the fourth stage, interactivity is explored. Some actions are attached to blocks and elements: transitions to other pages, drop-down lists of the menu, viewing photos, animation.
Read more: Windows apps development
The fifth stage is a usability test. The tester acts like a typical customer and tries to complete the task on a new application. For example, buy some product. According to the test results, it is decided what needs to be changed in the prototype for the optimal setting for users.
All steps are discussed with customers. Contact our specialists from KATASIS — you will be able to control the whole process yourself without any technical problems.
Creating an application: time and cost of the prototype
How much does it cost to create an application, its prototype? It depends on the studio, the client and the application itself. Work on a simple resource usually takes less time than on a complex one — although here everything depends on the client. It happens that the customer needs time to understand what he wants from the application, whether he likes the work of designers or not. On average, a prototype is created in 1-2 business days. We know how to make an application that is 100% suitable for your business! Contact application development structure company KATASIS specialists.
Why order in our company
- We are an official company with a staff of specialists. We work only on the officially concluded contract to the result.
- Full program development cycle. We carry out the development from prototype to placement in the Play Market and the App Store.
- We are always in touch with the customer. We use communications convenient for the customer for discussion and presentation.
- 13 years in the market of Internet solutions. We apply a wealth of experience and new skills to solve the necessary tasks.
- We make out the technical task. We create a technical task and a prototype in the framework of the design of the application.
- You can order all turnkey. We create mobile application development structure for both platforms with the backend.