A mobile application is considered the best option for a business than a website. Unlike the site, the mobile application is always near the client 24/7, which means that the client is always with you. It is worth noting the long-term relevance of such a resource and its undeniable quality, justified at a price. Developing applications on Kotlin is a confident step in the development of your project because this language has a simple syntax and support for all existing Java libraries.
The Android community announced that Kotlin will become the official programming language for this platform in 2017 at the Google I/O conference. This fact can make Kotlin one of the most popular languages of the future.
Read more: Application structure development
The history of the name of the language is interesting. The creators of Kotlin decided to follow the path of naming Java (known to us as Java or Jawa) and «swim» across the Gulf of Finland, where they found the island of Kotlin. Searching the Internet for this name, the developers learned that this name was called the destroyer of the Soviet Navy: NATO called it the Kotlin Class destroyer, and the creators of the language joke in response: Kotlin is not meant for class destruction but any means.
Kotlin app development: why do you need to choose Kotlin for your project?
- Clarity. Kotlin in conjunction with Android Studio gives the opportunity to create a small application with logic.
- Compatibility. Kotlin is fully compatible with JDK 6, is supported in the development environment of Android Studio and is compatible with the Android build system.
- Productivity. The application on Kotlin is more productive than a similar application in Java.
- Economical. Kotlin allows to speed up the build time of the application and reduce the time it takes to compile the code.
- Educability. Kotlin is very easy to work with for Java developers. The Java code is easily converted into Kotlin code, which helps in the first steps of training.
Kotlin mobile development: top 7 Best Benefits of Kotlin
As an argument, the creators of Kotlin say that Java has accumulated whole baggage of unsuccessful solutions that can’t be changed, that’s why a language with the more pleasant syntax for developers is needed.
What is useful in Kotlin?
- Convenient getters and setters
- New lambdas
- Class constructors
- Extensions and Generics
- Property Delegates
- Delegating the implementation of interfaces
For what types of applications Kotlin is suitable?
For corporate applications
- Automating business processes and reducing business costs.
- Ability to be more comfortable for their customers than competitors.
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of employees of the company.
- Receiving feedback from customers and staff.
Read more: Tickets apps
For online stores
- An additional tool for the sale of goods.
- Increase customer loyalty.
- Growth in repeat sales.
- Informing customers about offers and promotions.
- Optimization of internal business processes.
For start-up projects
- More than 1.4 billion users.
- Accessibility for any social groups of users, thanks to a huge number of mobile Android devices.
- Additional mobile service to the web version of the project.
- Analytics and flexibility in developing new versions of the application.
Also, our specialists can develop an application for:
- Cafes / Restaurants / Hotels / Shops
- Music, Sports and other communities
- News / Magazines / Blogs
- Internet radio
- Fitness clubs
- Organizers of public events
- City Guides
- Embodiments of creative and business ideas
- Mobile games
Who will benefit from the applications developed on Kotlin?
- Business owners from marketing and customer loyalty, sales of goods and services.
- Heads of organizations from records, implementation and management of staff functions.
- Startups from opening a business in the Internet with their microservices and innovations.
Stages of developing applications for Android
The peculiarity of our team’s work is that we begin creating applications for Android with the analysis of the target audience, the market, the behavior of a specific audience group. This is a work for an individual specialist — the UX-designer (the average duration of the stage is 1-2 weeks). The result is an analysis of competitors and the market, understanding of the target audience and positioning the application.
We understand, «Why?», «To whom?» and «How?» .An interactive prototype is being developed, which shows all the scenarios for using applications. At the same time, we follow the recommendations of Google and rely on the experience of other applications. The result of this stage is the interactive prototype of the application.
Read more: Healthcare app development
After the prototype is approved, we draw the design of the application. We do really amazing things, because it depends on the design whether the user wants to start the application again, whether it will be convenient and pleasant to use it. The result of this stage is the conversion icon and the design layout of the main pages of the application.
Android application development and testing
A technical task is created when a prototype and design are completed, where all the functionality of the future application is registered. The application is programmed and written from scratch. We don’t use programs to accelerate at the expense of functionality to develop an application for Android.
Placing in the market
After we published the mobile application in Google Play. The result of this phase is a ready-made application that works for your business.
Why is it worth to order from us?
- An official company with a staff of specialists. We work only on an officially concluded contract until the result.
- A full cycle of program development. We carry out development from the prototype to placement in the Play Market and App Store.
- We are always in touch with the customer. We use communications convenient for the customer for discussion and presentation.
- We draw up the technical task. We create a technical task and a prototype in the design of the application
- We can order everything on a turn-key basis. We develop mobile applications for both platforms with a backend.
Kotlin mobile development agency: a flexible approach
We work on a methodology that is convenient for you: Waterfall + iteration, SCRUM or Agile. We are not afraid of changes on the go and are ready to provide timely communication and information about the stages of the project. If desired, we provide access to the Git version control system and the task-tracker. Each client receives a personal, competent project manager who is able to answer most questions. If necessary, a meeting with the participation of specialists and programmers is possible.