What is the targeted audience?
A business without clients is impossible, just as the development of a beloved business is impossible without expanding the base of potential clients. Social networks provide business owners with one of the most effective tools for promoting a brand, trade label, product, service or just an interesting idea. As a rule, the audience of virtual communities is represented by a huge number of users with individual needs, tastes, preferences, requests and goals.
Targeted audience is the existing and potential buyers of products or services, combined for any reason. Such users are focused on website content.
Imagine you are selling camping equipment. Most likely, you will not hand out leaflets on the first street, but place them where there are more chances to attract the attention of outdoor activities fans. After all, they are interested in this product. The same principle applies on the Internet. Before advertising or filling the website, you need to know the features of the people for whom you will do it.
What is target audience for?
Analysis and defining the target audience is one of the main factors affecting the success of a business. Knowing the habits, needs and other characteristics of potential customers, you can easily make an effective advertising strategy:
- Competent USP. You will know the problem of targeted audience and form its best solution.
- Choose psychological techniques that motivate you to buy and how to communicate with people.
- Rational budgeting apportionment is another advantage.
You can be placed only on those websites where there are potential customers.
How to define the target audience?
To define the target audience of the website is not as easy as it seems. For example, if you think that your clients are solvent men and women of 30-45 years old, then you are not quite right. The portrait should be more detailed. In marketing, there are several types of TA:
- Primary and indirect. The first makes a purchase decision and initiates it, the second only participates in the selection process (for example, buys).
- Wide and narrow. For example, people interested in traveling and those who consider tours only to Asian countries.
- B2B and B2C. Business consumers and individuals.
How to define the targeted audience of the website: selection criteria
Targeted audience companies make a rough idea of the potential customer on the following characteristics:
- Gender, age, nationality, marital status, place of residence.
- Profession, education, income level.
- Social networks, resources, communities in which the buyer spends time.
- Lifestyle: values, habits, speed of decision making.
- What TA problems does your product or service solve?
- Emotions that a person experiences after purchase.
- Association, which causes products.
- Reasons to buy your product: service, price, status confirmation.
How to attract the targeted audience?
Attracting a target audience to a website is a job of increasing brand popularity, the number of orders and customer loyalty. To get additional traffic, you can use a variety of methods. We list some ways to engage the audience.
- Do more blogging. The influx of visitors primarily increases due to the content. The more often you post articles that are useful to target audiences, the faster it will grow.
- Register accounts in social networks. Choose one or more network, depending on the habitats of your potential buyers. Develop each of them and do not forget about the main resource. Gain live audience.
- Comment on other people’s materials. If you find a decent text, write a detailed answer under it. So you will attract the attention of new readers.
- Work with negative reviews. Keep in touch with customers leaving a question or a negative opinion about your products. Stick friendly notes in communication. Apologize or make arguments in favor of their case.
- Create an e-mail newsletter and a channel on Youtube. In both cases, you can create educational content that is interesting and useful for targeted visitors.
- Offer posts for the publication of large websites on related topics, in which there are users interested in your product.
- Optimize texts in accordance with the requirements of search engines. SEO is not a quick way to expand the audience, but if you move the resource to the first positions, it will drive traffic on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct a contextual advertising campaign. This is a quick method to attract customers. He sent soon to promote products.
- Communication and posting links on thematic forums.
- Ads on popular boards placing products for sale and services.
- Registration in paid and free directories, on news aggregators.
- Banners, affiliate networks.
- Press releases in regular and online publications.
- Writing e-books.
- Viral videos, posts, games, cartoons, etc.
- Buttons “Like”, “Share”, “Subscribe”.
- Advertising in social networks.
- Exchange links with other websites.
Targeted audience defining service from KATASIS
You can not treat the analysis of targeted audience, as the formalities — you will lose both time and money. It is necessary to solve real problems and the immediate needs of your potential customers, this is exactly what the portraiture is for.
The portrait of the target audience may vary. It must be compiled or edited at the launch of each new advertising campaign. At any stage in the development of an online store, it is advisable to define the targeted audience of the online ecommerce at first and entrust this work better to professionals. Blurred or inaccurately composed portrait of TA leads to the fact that you simply will not find buyers for your product.
KATASIS marketers own the necessary analysis tools and can provide not only a portrait of your potential buyer, but also develop a detailed marketing strategy or promotion strategy in social networks.